Monday, January 7, 2013

Dulono's Pizza (Uptown)


On Lake Street in Uptown is a dark, dingy little pizza place called Dulono's. This is where Soozie and I made our second stop. I'm not sure how this restaurant stays in business, because nothing about the place, inside or out, is inviting. I ate there once about 6 years ago, and I can't remember the food. All I can figure is there must be some sort of history about it that has created a cult following.

Right away as you walk in the door from the parking lot there is an arcade to your left. The arcade is kind of separated off from the rest of the restaurant, like it was once some sort of coat room. This is perhaps part of the reason it is dark and smells bad. They have two machines. Lord Of the Rings and World Poker Tour.

LOTR is a pretty common game, and I have made my opinion known of it throughout this blog. This one in particular had all its display lights out, and a right flipper that wasn't very responsive.
The replay wasn't unreasonable and the price was nice at $.50/1 or $1.00/3 games.
My High Score: 11 mil
Soozie's High Score: 3 mil
Replay: 20 mil

The second game, World Poker Tour, had something going on with it causing it to shoot the ball for you most every time. The ball launches up into a pregame where you try and hit an opening on the back of the table. This was difficult because the right flipper only half-worked. That said, it isn't a very difficult game, the replay is very low, and I got the match. Pricing set at $.50/1, $3.00/4, and $5.00/7 games
My High Score: 4.5 mil
Replay: 5 mil

No comments:

Post a Comment