Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Spot Bar (West 7th, St. Paul)

The Spot Bar was our second to last stop in St. Paul for the night, but for purposes of this blog the last place worth writing about. After this we went to the Goby Pub, which was incredibly uninteresting and has "World Poker Challenge" which you can find everywhere.

So, on to it. I think of all the places we went to The Spot Bar is the one that I would most like to go back to and hang out. Its a little bar with an all wood interior. Definitely that quintessential Northwoods feel. When we walked in there were four guys at the bar regaling each other with stories of rock concerts from their days-gone-by including complaining about people singing along to the band Tool. The bartender was an older fellow who understood what we were there for. He welcomed us when we walked in, and said "Have a good night fellas," when we left.

They have the wonderful game "Tales Of Arabian Nights." It's $.50/1 or $2/5 plays and it is quite possibly my new favorite game. I honestly don't think I have ever done so well. I cleared the replay twice despite the shooter being a little week and making the skill shots tough. Otherwise there are some great ramps and crazy magnets. Plus there is a Genie that you need to repeatedly hit in the crotch for extra points. Search this game out. So far this is the only spot n town that I have found it at, so its a good thing its such a cool bar.

Replay: 5.5 mil
BT's High Score: 3.1 mil
My High Score: 6.8 mil

No comments:

Post a Comment