Thursday, January 3, 2013

Rusty Quarters (Uptown Mpls)

This is a fun little place. A small little storefront with about 20 old video games and 3 pinball machines in the back. Apparently they rotate them in and out. My friend Soozie, who joined me, said that last time she was there they only had two. Its well lit, and would be a fun place to take your kid. Just make sure to not drop them off. That is strictly prohibited,  or so said the hand written sign on the door. Apparently it happened, or why go through the trouble. A great bonus was that they had the Terminator 2 arcade game with the machine guns. My brother and I spent so much money on that as a kid.

 The first game played was Indiana Jones and The Pinball Adventure  I hated this game. First off it has the pistol shooter that was so popular at that time. Secondly, I couldn't for the life of me stop that ball from going right down the middle. Oh and it tilts real easy. $.75 per play. Save your quarters.
My High Score 8 mil
Replay: 246 mil

Next in line is Medieval Madness. It comes complete with a castle that goes crazy when you hit it and a moat. I only played this one once. It was Soozie's favorite of the group, and I only played it once. $1 per play, and it uses a big electronic button as the shooter.

Soozie's High Score: 5.7 mil
My High Score: 1.3 mil
Replay: 37 mil

Last was my favorite, Funhouse. At $.75 per game this old school game has a nice easy replay and a third flipper that can seriously help you dominate if you figure it out. I didn't until at the end of my first game, so I had to keep playing. I rocked past the replay, and was so excited when I finished I forgot to play it. I walked off to shoot Terminators, and when I turned around a girl, who looked incredibly bored, dumped in three quarters and played her game. Not realizing the credit was on there, she walked off and I got free my game.
Soozie's High Score: 800k
My High Score: 6 mil!!!
Reply: 3 mil

1 comment:

  1. Excellent review and I completely agree, don't bother with the Indiana Jones and the Pinball Adventure game. The most fun I got out of it was mocking its name, and that was free!

    ReplyDelete